Saturday, April 19, 2008

Student Voices Podcast Episode 1: Jessie


I was talking to Jessie, one of my Applied Math students, earlier this week while helping her review over the lunch hour. I found her comments so compelling I asked her (and later her parents) if I could record and publish her comments so other students could hear what she had to say. I've long thought students need to hear from other students how they best learn to help them all learn.


This is the first in what I hope will be a series of podcasts called Student Voices. I'm hoping to have one of these short conversations with a student published each week. If you'd like to volunteer to be featured in one of these just let me know.


In this episode Jessie shares how she uses her class blog to learn and describes her personal "tipping point" from being confused to understanding Statistics very well. She also discusses the value of learning conversations and how sometimes being a "teacher" and sometimes a student helps her learn.


Please feel free to leave Jessie your comments here or on this post on her class blog.






(Download File 5.6Mb, 11 min. 40 sec.)


Photo Credit: Kids of conversation by flickr user Kris Hoet

No comments: